New homes could be built opposite school on former playing field
- Credit: Archant
Plans could see a batch of new homes built on a school's former playing field.
An application has been lodged to construct eight properties on the field, adjacent to the old voluntary aided first school on School Road in Necton, near Swaffham.
The school itself closed in 2007 and was merged with Necton V.C. Middle School to create Necton Church of England Primary School, which sits directly opposite.
Seven dwellings - five detached two-storey houses and two detached bungalows - have previously been approved for the site, but now the applicant is seeking to increase the number to eight.
In comments provided by parish clerk James Howard, Necton Parish Council has requested that three of the dwellings are single-storey due to their proposed backing onto existing bungalows.
You may also want to watch:
The council has also asked that the prospective contractor "acts responsibly" in front of school children, driving at low speeds and avoiding "swearing or unacceptable behaviour".
Residents have meanwhile expressed concerns about over-development and traffic during school pick-up and drop-off times.
- 1 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 4 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 9 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney