Pupils get close to space during planetarium visit
- Credit: Archant
School children were able to get close to the stars during a visit by mobile planetarium.
Pupils at Watton Westfield Infant and Nursery School were able to learn about the Solar System and famous astronauts inside the mobile planetarium from StarLincs.
The school are currently completing a Primary Science Quality Mark and working to raise the profile of and to get pupils excited about science.
Pupil Finley Clark said: 'I liked it when we saw the planets. I liked it when we saw all the stars.'
And Wlla Burcham said: 'I enjoyed when it was dark and when the stars were moving around.'
You may also want to watch:
Science subject leader Lizzie Thomas said: 'The planetarium helped to consolidate the children's learning about the solar system and famous astronauts whilst giving them a memorable experience.
'We used this experience to encourage writing and art projects based around aliens. The children and staff have thoroughly enjoyed it.'
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 3 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 8 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice