Pupils get close to space during planetarium visit
- Credit: Archant
School children were able to get close to the stars during a visit by mobile planetarium.
Pupils at Watton Westfield Infant and Nursery School were able to learn about the Solar System and famous astronauts inside the mobile planetarium from StarLincs.
The school are currently completing a Primary Science Quality Mark and working to raise the profile of and to get pupils excited about science.
Pupil Finley Clark said: 'I liked it when we saw the planets. I liked it when we saw all the stars.'
And Wlla Burcham said: 'I enjoyed when it was dark and when the stars were moving around.'
You may also want to watch:
Science subject leader Lizzie Thomas said: 'The planetarium helped to consolidate the children's learning about the solar system and famous astronauts whilst giving them a memorable experience.
'We used this experience to encourage writing and art projects based around aliens. The children and staff have thoroughly enjoyed it.'
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters