Pupils get close to space during planetarium visit
- Credit: Archant
School children were able to get close to the stars during a visit by mobile planetarium.
Pupils at Watton Westfield Infant and Nursery School were able to learn about the Solar System and famous astronauts inside the mobile planetarium from StarLincs.
The school are currently completing a Primary Science Quality Mark and working to raise the profile of and to get pupils excited about science.
Pupil Finley Clark said: 'I liked it when we saw the planets. I liked it when we saw all the stars.'
And Wlla Burcham said: 'I enjoyed when it was dark and when the stars were moving around.'
You may also want to watch:
Science subject leader Lizzie Thomas said: 'The planetarium helped to consolidate the children's learning about the solar system and famous astronauts whilst giving them a memorable experience.
'We used this experience to encourage writing and art projects based around aliens. The children and staff have thoroughly enjoyed it.'
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village