Parking crackdown in Swaffham
Ian ClarkeMotorists are being warned they face �30 on-the-spot fines if they park on yellow lines in Swaffham.Police are cracking down on people who flout parking regulations along Lynn Street and Spinners Lane and residents have complained about offences particularly occurring on Saturday mornings, when the town's market is held.Ian Clarke
Motorists are being warned they face �30 on-the-spot fines if they park on yellow lines in Swaffham.
Police are cracking down on people who flout parking regulations along Lynn Street and Spinners Lane and residents have complained about offences particularly occurring on Saturday mornings, when the town's market is held.
Swaffham PCSO Michelle Thurlow said: 'Drivers leaving their vehicles parked on double yellow lines cause an unnecessary obstruction to pedestrians as well as other road users.'
Swaffham Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT) will be conducting patrols in the area during problem times and fixed penalty tickets of �30 will be issued when drivers ignore the road markings or signs.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are reminded they must not wait or park on yellow lines during the times of operation shown on nearby time plates or zone entry signs if in a controlled parking zone.
Blue Badge holders can park on a double yellow line for up to three hours but must not park where it would be obstructive or cause a danger to others.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 9 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 10 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
To contact a member of Swaffham NPT call 0845 456 4567 or visit their page at www.norfolk.police.uk.