Over 55s homes complex set for refusal
Plans for a housing complex for the over 55s in Swaffham looks set for refusal.McCarthy & Stone Developments want to demolish two detached bungalows on London Street and Brandon Road in Swaffham, and replace them with a two storey detached building made up of 26 sheltered apartments.
Plans for a housing complex for the over 55s in Swaffham looks set for refusal.
McCarthy & Stone Developments want to demolish two detached bungalows on London Street and Brandon Road in Swaffham, and replace them with a two storey detached building made up of 26 sheltered apartments.
But Breckland Council has recommended the development control committee refuse permission after plans were not been changed despite concerns over the impact on the local area, no agreement to ensure there is the legal number of affordable homes on site has been reached, and nearby residents will be overlooked.
Swaffham town council also objected to the proposal on the grounds of poor access onto Brandon Road, lack of adequate parking provision and the additional pressure that would be put on the existing sewage system.
Councillors will meet to decide whether to give the development the green light on Monday.
- 1 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 2 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 5 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 8 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- 9 RAF Marham fighter pilot crashes £100m F-35 in Mediterranean Sea
- 10 Wind farm decision due in days