Over 55s homes complex set for refusal
Plans for a housing complex for the over 55s in Swaffham looks set for refusal.McCarthy & Stone Developments want to demolish two detached bungalows on London Street and Brandon Road in Swaffham, and replace them with a two storey detached building made up of 26 sheltered apartments.
Plans for a housing complex for the over 55s in Swaffham looks set for refusal.
McCarthy & Stone Developments want to demolish two detached bungalows on London Street and Brandon Road in Swaffham, and replace them with a two storey detached building made up of 26 sheltered apartments.
But Breckland Council has recommended the development control committee refuse permission after plans were not been changed despite concerns over the impact on the local area, no agreement to ensure there is the legal number of affordable homes on site has been reached, and nearby residents will be overlooked.
Swaffham town council also objected to the proposal on the grounds of poor access onto Brandon Road, lack of adequate parking provision and the additional pressure that would be put on the existing sewage system.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors will meet to decide whether to give the development the green light on Monday.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 5 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 6 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 Prince Philip's life and legacy remembered during poignant funeral
- 10 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back