Over 55s homes complex set for refusal
Plans for a housing complex for the over 55s in Swaffham looks set for refusal.McCarthy & Stone Developments want to demolish two detached bungalows on London Street and Brandon Road in Swaffham, and replace them with a two storey detached building made up of 26 sheltered apartments.
Plans for a housing complex for the over 55s in Swaffham looks set for refusal.
McCarthy & Stone Developments want to demolish two detached bungalows on London Street and Brandon Road in Swaffham, and replace them with a two storey detached building made up of 26 sheltered apartments.
But Breckland Council has recommended the development control committee refuse permission after plans were not been changed despite concerns over the impact on the local area, no agreement to ensure there is the legal number of affordable homes on site has been reached, and nearby residents will be overlooked.
Swaffham town council also objected to the proposal on the grounds of poor access onto Brandon Road, lack of adequate parking provision and the additional pressure that would be put on the existing sewage system.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors will meet to decide whether to give the development the green light on Monday.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village