One dead in Narborough A47 crash
One person was killed and another is seriously injured after a crash between a van and a car which is likely to block the A47 at Narborough, near Swaffham, until lunchtime today.
A 38 year old man was killed and another seriously injured after a crash between a van and a car which blocked the A47 at Narborough, near Swaffham, for four hours this morning.
Police are now appealing to the public for witnesses to the crash at about 6am this morning. It happened on the single carriageway section of the road near a junction with Swaffham Road.
A black Rover Metro and a blue Volkswagen panel van were in collision with each other. Two fire crews from Swaffham and Massingham attended and released two casualties from the wreckage.
The 38 year old driver of the Metro died at the scene. The 43 year old driver of the Volkswagen was taken to hospital with a slight injury to his shoulder. The road was re-opened at just before 10am.
The death has sparked calls for the single carriageway sections of the A47 to be dualled.
Christopher Fraser, MP for South West Norfolk, said: “Yet again the A47 is in the news for tragic reasons. I have said on many occasions that this road is one of the most dangerous in the region, and that investment is long overdue to address the shortcomings of our roads infrastructure locally. It must be dualled and the Government must find the money to make this possible.”
- 1 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 2 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 3 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
- 4 Care home burglar recalled to prison over racist assault
- 5 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 'Opulent' farmhouse with pond on sale for £799k
t Anyone who witnessed the crash or saw the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision should contact PC Stephen Bodle at Western Area Road Policing at Swaffham Police Station on 0845 4564567.