10 mile diversion as road closes for resurfacing
- Credit: Archant
One of the busiest roads in a Norfolk town is to shut for nearly a week for resurfacing.
Norwich Road in Watton will be shut between 7am and 7pm on Sunday, February 17 and between 9am and 4pm from Monday, February 18 to Friday, February 22.
The road will be shut between the junction with the A1075 Thetford Road and just beyond Norwich Road's junction with Linmore Crescent.
Drivers will be diverted via the B1077 and Caston before rejoining the A1075 at Griston in a 10 mile diversion.
The full alternative route is via the B1108 Norwich Road, B1077 Caston Road/Carbrook Road, the C546 Attleborough Road/The Street/Griston Road, Thompson Road, and the A1075 Thetford Road.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for County Hall said: 'Norfolk County Council proposes to make a Temporary Traffic Order affecting the B1108 Norwich Road from its junction with A1075 Thetford Road/Cadman Way to a point 20 metres east of its junction with Linmore Crescent in the town of Watton because of carriageway resurfacing works.'
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 3 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 8 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 9 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 10 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice