10 mile diversion as road closes for resurfacing
- Credit: Archant
One of the busiest roads in a Norfolk town is to shut for nearly a week for resurfacing.
Norwich Road in Watton will be shut between 7am and 7pm on Sunday, February 17 and between 9am and 4pm from Monday, February 18 to Friday, February 22.
The road will be shut between the junction with the A1075 Thetford Road and just beyond Norwich Road's junction with Linmore Crescent.
Drivers will be diverted via the B1077 and Caston before rejoining the A1075 at Griston in a 10 mile diversion.
The full alternative route is via the B1108 Norwich Road, B1077 Caston Road/Carbrook Road, the C546 Attleborough Road/The Street/Griston Road, Thompson Road, and the A1075 Thetford Road.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for County Hall said: 'Norfolk County Council proposes to make a Temporary Traffic Order affecting the B1108 Norwich Road from its junction with A1075 Thetford Road/Cadman Way to a point 20 metres east of its junction with Linmore Crescent in the town of Watton because of carriageway resurfacing works.'
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village