10 mile diversion as road closes for resurfacing
- Credit: Archant
One of the busiest roads in a Norfolk town is to shut for nearly a week for resurfacing.
Norwich Road in Watton will be shut between 7am and 7pm on Sunday, February 17 and between 9am and 4pm from Monday, February 18 to Friday, February 22.
The road will be shut between the junction with the A1075 Thetford Road and just beyond Norwich Road's junction with Linmore Crescent.
Drivers will be diverted via the B1077 and Caston before rejoining the A1075 at Griston in a 10 mile diversion.
The full alternative route is via the B1108 Norwich Road, B1077 Caston Road/Carbrook Road, the C546 Attleborough Road/The Street/Griston Road, Thompson Road, and the A1075 Thetford Road.
A spokesman for County Hall said: 'Norfolk County Council proposes to make a Temporary Traffic Order affecting the B1108 Norwich Road from its junction with A1075 Thetford Road/Cadman Way to a point 20 metres east of its junction with Linmore Crescent in the town of Watton because of carriageway resurfacing works.'
- 1 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 2 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 3 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 4 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 7 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 8 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 9 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout