60mph winds and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Norfolk and Waveney could be hit by gusts of up to 60mph, with a weather warning ahead for heavy winds.
The Met Office has put a yellow weather warning in place for Wednesday and Thursday this week, which warns of potential delays to traffic, power cuts and rail delays as a result.
Norwich-based forecasters Weatherquest said that people could expect it to be "quite blustery" across the region, with wind speeds of up to 60mph possible.
Fred Best, of Weatherquest, said: "From Wednesday evening through until Thursday it could be quite blustery and more widespread across the region.
"The speeds are likely to be mainly around 40-45mph, but in burst could get up to around 50-55mph, particularly in parts of the coast."
Mr Best added that speeds may well reach close to the 60mph mark on Thursday, with around 10-15mm of rain also forecast for Wednesday evening onwards.
He added: "It will be more than just a windy day, with fairly widespread strong winds.
- 1 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 2 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 3 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 8 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 9 Air ambulance making big difference since start of 24/7 service
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk