Dereham and Swaffham go head-to-head in Norfolk Senior Cup semi-finals

Dereham Town players remember young Denver Clinton with a minute's applause before their home game a

Dereham Town players remember young Denver Clinton with a minute's applause before their home game against Brentwood Town on Saturday Picture: Alan Palmer Photography - Credit: Archant

Bostik North side Dereham Town face lower ranked Swaffham Town in the semi-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup at the FDC Bowthorpe this Wednesday evening (7.30pm).

The Magpies lost for the only the second time since Adam Gusterson and Olly Willis took charge on Saturday, going down 2-1 at home to Brentwood, and will be looking for a win to book their place at Carrow Road.

However Swaffham are having a good season in the Thurlow Nunn Division One and also enjoyed a successful FA Vase run.

Gusterson has come up against the Pedlars twice already this season whilst managing Harleston Town and is aware of their ability.

'We know first hand that they pose a threat and are certainly a side that has plenty of quality and experience which we will need to be fully aware of.'

You may also want to watch:

'It is a semi-final and of course anything can happen, league standings go out of the window a little bit and it is a one game shoot-out to reach the final. A place at Carrow Road is at stake and I know this won't be lost on our lads. We all know how important a game this is for our club and we will endeavour to put in a performance befitting of the occasion.'

Shaun Wones, Matt Castellan, Lewis Johnson, Sam Borrer are all cup-tied for Dereham while Ryan Crisp is unavailable.

Most Read

The winners of the game will face either Thetford Town from the Thurlow Nunn League top flight or Mattishall from the Anglian Combination top flight, who play their semi-final at the the FDC next Tuesday evening.

Kirkley & Pakefield had the final say in an entertaining Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division clash at Newmarket Town on Tuesday night, claiming a late goal to win 3-2.

Sam Gomarsall opened the scoring for the Jockeys after just 12 minutes but Kaiden Goldspink equalised before the break and Jack Herbert then made it 2-1.

Ben Robinson headed home for the hosts to level it up with eight minutes to play but there was still time for Cameron Russell to fire home to earn the Royals all three points.

Great Yarmouth Town remain in the bottom two after losing 2-1 to FC Clacton at The Wellesley. After going in at the break one down on loan Stevenage youngster Drilon Krasniqi got the Bloaters back on level terms but the visitors had the final say late on.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter