Gritters on standby as temperatures could drop below zero overnight
- Credit: Archant
It might officially be spring, but the region's gritters are on standby to head out tonight as temperatures are forecast to drop below zero.
Norfolk's gritting team is on standby to go out at 2am in the early hours of Thursday in all areas of the county apart from the east coast and Norwich.
And Cambridgeshire County Council is also planning to send its gritters out at 9pm tonight.
Its fleet will be out and about in the north, south, east and western parts of the county.
The Met Office says patchy frost or fog is possible in the East of England, with minimum temperatures of -1C.
You may also want to watch:
Thursday is expected to be a mainly dry day with sunny spells, some isolated light showers for East Anglia at first and heavy rain into the west later. The Maximum temperature will reach 11C, but it will feel rather cold in easterly winds.
Friday's forecast is mainly dry with warm sunny spells, but it will be generally cloudier and cooler over the weekend, with rain or drizzle towards the coast and northeasterly winds.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 3 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
Parts of the northern England and southern Scotland had snow overnight on Wednesday and a yellow severe weather warning was also issued for those areas.
Forecasters said a deep area of low pressure is centred over the UK, bringing with it the potential to drive showers and produce long spells of wet and changeable weather.