Care home staff’s fundraising cycle marathon for resident outings
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a care home have completed a three-day cycle marathon - without even leaving its grounds.
To raise money for resident day trips and outings, staff at Thorp House in Griston, near Watton, pedalled 433 miles on an exercise bike in the home's garden.
The fundraising event raised £375 and local people dropped in to offer their encouragement.
Home manager Kirsty Holden said: 'The staff were really good, fitting in 30 or 40 minute sessions on the bike when they could. Fortunately, some of them are quite fit.'
She added: 'Thanks to everyone for their generous support. One outing we are looking at is a trip to Banham Zoo.'
You may also want to watch:
The milage cycled was the equivalent of Griston to Land's End and refreshments from areas in the country of the route were served.
'As the route to Land's End would take us through Devon and Cornwall we were serving cream teas,' added Mrs Holden.
- 1 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 2 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 3 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 4 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 5 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 8 Once-extinct rare frog returns to its Norfolk home
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women