Care home staff’s fundraising cycle marathon for resident outings
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a care home have completed a three-day cycle marathon - without even leaving its grounds.
To raise money for resident day trips and outings, staff at Thorp House in Griston, near Watton, pedalled 433 miles on an exercise bike in the home's garden.
The fundraising event raised £375 and local people dropped in to offer their encouragement.
Home manager Kirsty Holden said: 'The staff were really good, fitting in 30 or 40 minute sessions on the bike when they could. Fortunately, some of them are quite fit.'
She added: 'Thanks to everyone for their generous support. One outing we are looking at is a trip to Banham Zoo.'
You may also want to watch:
The milage cycled was the equivalent of Griston to Land's End and refreshments from areas in the country of the route were served.
'As the route to Land's End would take us through Devon and Cornwall we were serving cream teas,' added Mrs Holden.
- 1 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 2 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 4 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 'Appalling' online abuse targeted at MPs
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 9 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 10 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend