Care home staff’s fundraising cycle marathon for resident outings
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a care home have completed a three-day cycle marathon - without even leaving its grounds.
To raise money for resident day trips and outings, staff at Thorp House in Griston, near Watton, pedalled 433 miles on an exercise bike in the home's garden.
The fundraising event raised £375 and local people dropped in to offer their encouragement.
Home manager Kirsty Holden said: 'The staff were really good, fitting in 30 or 40 minute sessions on the bike when they could. Fortunately, some of them are quite fit.'
She added: 'Thanks to everyone for their generous support. One outing we are looking at is a trip to Banham Zoo.'
You may also want to watch:
The milage cycled was the equivalent of Griston to Land's End and refreshments from areas in the country of the route were served.
'As the route to Land's End would take us through Devon and Cornwall we were serving cream teas,' added Mrs Holden.
- 1 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 2 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 3 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 4 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 7 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 8 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 9 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 10 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'