Care home staff’s fundraising cycle marathon for resident outings
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a care home have completed a three-day cycle marathon - without even leaving its grounds.
To raise money for resident day trips and outings, staff at Thorp House in Griston, near Watton, pedalled 433 miles on an exercise bike in the home's garden.
The fundraising event raised £375 and local people dropped in to offer their encouragement.
Home manager Kirsty Holden said: 'The staff were really good, fitting in 30 or 40 minute sessions on the bike when they could. Fortunately, some of them are quite fit.'
She added: 'Thanks to everyone for their generous support. One outing we are looking at is a trip to Banham Zoo.'
You may also want to watch:
The milage cycled was the equivalent of Griston to Land's End and refreshments from areas in the country of the route were served.
'As the route to Land's End would take us through Devon and Cornwall we were serving cream teas,' added Mrs Holden.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 10 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched