Care home staff’s fundraising cycle marathon for resident outings
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a care home have completed a three-day cycle marathon - without even leaving its grounds.
To raise money for resident day trips and outings, staff at Thorp House in Griston, near Watton, pedalled 433 miles on an exercise bike in the home's garden.
The fundraising event raised £375 and local people dropped in to offer their encouragement.
Home manager Kirsty Holden said: 'The staff were really good, fitting in 30 or 40 minute sessions on the bike when they could. Fortunately, some of them are quite fit.'
She added: 'Thanks to everyone for their generous support. One outing we are looking at is a trip to Banham Zoo.'
The milage cycled was the equivalent of Griston to Land's End and refreshments from areas in the country of the route were served.
'As the route to Land's End would take us through Devon and Cornwall we were serving cream teas,' added Mrs Holden.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 3 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 4 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 7 Perfect close-up of 'Wolf Moon' captured in Norfolk by astrophotographer
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 10 People who test positive on lateral flows no longer need PCR