Care home residents and staff ready to celebrate the Royal Wedding
- Credit: Archant
Residents and staff at a Norfolk care home are getting into the Royal Wedding spirit.
Thorp House Nursing Home in Griston, near Watton, has been decked out with Union Jack flags ready to celebrate the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Home manager Kirsty Holden said: 'We have all been busy decorating the home and baking cakes.
'We will be celebrating with a special party with vintage entertainer Jackie Raven singing songs from the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s.
'And everyone will be tucking into a roast beef lunch with strawberries and cream for dessert.'
You may also want to watch:
The residents have expressed their excitement at watching the event on television.
Resident Pat Reynolds, 74, said: 'I can remember the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana and how beautiful she looked in her dress. I'm really looking forward to seeing Meghan's dress for the first time.'
- 1 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Game of Thrones and The Crown actor to star in Norfolk play
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 9 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 10 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals