Care home residents and staff ready to celebrate the Royal Wedding
- Credit: Archant
Residents and staff at a Norfolk care home are getting into the Royal Wedding spirit.
Thorp House Nursing Home in Griston, near Watton, has been decked out with Union Jack flags ready to celebrate the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Home manager Kirsty Holden said: 'We have all been busy decorating the home and baking cakes.
'We will be celebrating with a special party with vintage entertainer Jackie Raven singing songs from the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s.
'And everyone will be tucking into a roast beef lunch with strawberries and cream for dessert.'
The residents have expressed their excitement at watching the event on television.
Resident Pat Reynolds, 74, said: 'I can remember the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana and how beautiful she looked in her dress. I'm really looking forward to seeing Meghan's dress for the first time.'
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 4 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 5 OPINION: The price of happiness and contentment
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Norfolk Tory MP calls for 'serious changes' following Sue Gray report
- 9 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
- 10 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase