Care home residents and staff ready to celebrate the Royal Wedding
- Credit: Archant
Residents and staff at a Norfolk care home are getting into the Royal Wedding spirit.
Thorp House Nursing Home in Griston, near Watton, has been decked out with Union Jack flags ready to celebrate the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Home manager Kirsty Holden said: 'We have all been busy decorating the home and baking cakes.
'We will be celebrating with a special party with vintage entertainer Jackie Raven singing songs from the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s.
'And everyone will be tucking into a roast beef lunch with strawberries and cream for dessert.'
You may also want to watch:
The residents have expressed their excitement at watching the event on television.
Resident Pat Reynolds, 74, said: 'I can remember the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana and how beautiful she looked in her dress. I'm really looking forward to seeing Meghan's dress for the first time.'
- 1 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 2 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 3 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 4 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 5 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Once-extinct rare frog returns to its Norfolk home
- 8 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place