Care home residents and staff ready to celebrate the Royal Wedding
- Credit: Archant
Residents and staff at a Norfolk care home are getting into the Royal Wedding spirit.
Thorp House Nursing Home in Griston, near Watton, has been decked out with Union Jack flags ready to celebrate the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Home manager Kirsty Holden said: 'We have all been busy decorating the home and baking cakes.
'We will be celebrating with a special party with vintage entertainer Jackie Raven singing songs from the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s.
'And everyone will be tucking into a roast beef lunch with strawberries and cream for dessert.'
You may also want to watch:
The residents have expressed their excitement at watching the event on television.
Resident Pat Reynolds, 74, said: 'I can remember the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana and how beautiful she looked in her dress. I'm really looking forward to seeing Meghan's dress for the first time.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 6 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 7 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 8 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 9 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall