Care home residents and staff ready to celebrate the Royal Wedding
- Credit: Archant
Residents and staff at a Norfolk care home are getting into the Royal Wedding spirit.
Thorp House Nursing Home in Griston, near Watton, has been decked out with Union Jack flags ready to celebrate the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Home manager Kirsty Holden said: 'We have all been busy decorating the home and baking cakes.
'We will be celebrating with a special party with vintage entertainer Jackie Raven singing songs from the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s.
'And everyone will be tucking into a roast beef lunch with strawberries and cream for dessert.'
You may also want to watch:
The residents have expressed their excitement at watching the event on television.
Resident Pat Reynolds, 74, said: 'I can remember the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana and how beautiful she looked in her dress. I'm really looking forward to seeing Meghan's dress for the first time.'
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site