Charity fun run to feature in school's sports week
- Credit: Supplied by the school
Pupils from a Swaffham school will help raise funds for a mental health day centre as part of National Sports Week.
The Nicholas Hamond Academy is planning to play a bigger role in the June 20-25 celebration of sports than even before, culminating in a fun run on the Friday.
The run will raise money for a special 'rise and fall chair' to help people get up and down at Swaffham's Merle Boddy Day Centre.
As part of the week, pupils will be offered extra PE lessons and learn about major sporting events.
The school is also aiming to promote girls' football during the week, via its 'football activators' group.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Lloyd, from the school, said this was "a group of older students who are partnering with Swaffham Football Club to help launch the Wildcats Football centre for primary aged girls and ultimately a women's football team."
- 1 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 4 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 5 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search
- 9 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
- 10 Delays to thousands of bin collections across Breckland