Charity fun run to feature in school's sports week
- Credit: Supplied by the school
Pupils from a Swaffham school will help raise funds for a mental health day centre as part of National Sports Week.
The Nicholas Hamond Academy is planning to play a bigger role in the June 20-25 celebration of sports than even before, culminating in a fun run on the Friday.
The run will raise money for a special 'rise and fall chair' to help people get up and down at Swaffham's Merle Boddy Day Centre.
As part of the week, pupils will be offered extra PE lessons and learn about major sporting events.
The school is also aiming to promote girls' football during the week, via its 'football activators' group.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Lloyd, from the school, said this was "a group of older students who are partnering with Swaffham Football Club to help launch the Wildcats Football centre for primary aged girls and ultimately a women's football team."
- 1 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 4 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 7 Motorcyclist in critical condition following A134 crash
- 8 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 9 Norfolk firm tops fundraising target for children's hospices
- 10 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'