New post office should open next week despite delays, says owner
- Credit: Archant
The long-awaited opening of a Norfolk town's post office should take place next week, according to the owner.
Deven Changela, who runs the post office in Watton from his newsagents Watton Edwards News, said they hope to be operational by Thursday, February 28 at the latest.
He said: 'We are going to be operational hopefully some time next week. What the post office have offered us is a 4G mobile offering so hopefully the systems will connect using that from Tuesday onwards.
'Our broadband goes live on Wednesday, so the latest we should be operational is Thursday.'
The new post office was due to open to the public on Monday, February 18, but was beset by telecommunication issues which meant the opening was delayed.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Changela added: 'Yes we need to get it open and we need the broadband but they also need to arrange for a post office trainer to come and set the branch up for things such as money and stamps.
'But we should have one counter operational or both by the middle of next week.'
- 1 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 2 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 7 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 8 New Covid variant has 'higher degree of mortality', warns PM
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Nearly 4pc council tax rise for Norfolk as County Hall budget unveiled