New post office should open next week despite delays, says owner
- Credit: Archant
The long-awaited opening of a Norfolk town's post office should take place next week, according to the owner.
Deven Changela, who runs the post office in Watton from his newsagents Watton Edwards News, said they hope to be operational by Thursday, February 28 at the latest.
He said: 'We are going to be operational hopefully some time next week. What the post office have offered us is a 4G mobile offering so hopefully the systems will connect using that from Tuesday onwards.
'Our broadband goes live on Wednesday, so the latest we should be operational is Thursday.'
The new post office was due to open to the public on Monday, February 18, but was beset by telecommunication issues which meant the opening was delayed.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Changela added: 'Yes we need to get it open and we need the broadband but they also need to arrange for a post office trainer to come and set the branch up for things such as money and stamps.
'But we should have one counter operational or both by the middle of next week.'
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 3 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 8 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 9 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months