New post office should open next week despite delays, says owner
- Credit: Archant
The long-awaited opening of a Norfolk town's post office should take place next week, according to the owner.
Deven Changela, who runs the post office in Watton from his newsagents Watton Edwards News, said they hope to be operational by Thursday, February 28 at the latest.
He said: 'We are going to be operational hopefully some time next week. What the post office have offered us is a 4G mobile offering so hopefully the systems will connect using that from Tuesday onwards.
'Our broadband goes live on Wednesday, so the latest we should be operational is Thursday.'
The new post office was due to open to the public on Monday, February 18, but was beset by telecommunication issues which meant the opening was delayed.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Changela added: 'Yes we need to get it open and we need the broadband but they also need to arrange for a post office trainer to come and set the branch up for things such as money and stamps.
'But we should have one counter operational or both by the middle of next week.'
- 1 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 2 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 8 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out