New luxury residential unit opened at Norfolk care home
- Credit: Archant
Residential care in luxury surroundings is on offer at a new unit just opened at a Norfolk care home.
The Paddocks in Cley Road, Swaffham already provides residential and dementia care, and is rated good by the Care Quality Commission.
The Nightingale Unit was officially opened by the Mayor of Swaffham, Jill Skinner at an open day.
The £50,000 refurbishment programme included building a new hair salon and dining area as well as a large lounge overlooking the landscaped gardens. All bedrooms have been completely refurbished offering a very high standard of furnishings.
General manager Janice Pittom said: "The transformation is unbelievable. The feedback from visitors on our open day was that, it is more like a hotel than a care home. I feel very proud of the care and services that the home offers and look forward to welcoming our new residents to the new Nightingale unit shortly."
The next event at The Paddocks is the annual summer fete on Saturday, June 29 from 1pm. All proceeds from the day are used to purchase additional activity equipment or for outings ensuring that 'special moments' are created for the residents and that a quality of life is always a priority.
For more information or a brochure contact The Paddocks on 01760 722920.
- 1 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 2 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 3 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
- 4 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 5 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 6 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 7 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
- 8 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
- 9 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 10 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman