New homes to be built on former RAF Watton radar site
Part of the former RAF Watton radar site will be transformed after a plan to build 154 homes was passed today.
Bennett Homes submitted the application to Brekland Council and members of the planning committee discussed the application.
Most of the development will be two storeys, but a number of bungalows, chalets and three-storey properties will also be built on the 4.6 hectare site. A total of 46 homes will be used as affordable housing.
The site is currently surrounded by houses and includes a number of trees and a new roundabout access road on Norwich Road, as well as two open spaces, will be established for the new residents.
A report for the planning committee said the designs would be 'broadly traditional' and most properties would have on-plot parking.
You may also want to watch:
Plans are also in place for an overspill visitor parking area and natural screening to prevent nearby houses from being overlooked.
Watton Town Council and a number of residents objected to the application and concerns included an increase in traffic onto Norwich Road, over development of the site and the homes would not be in keeping with other properties in the area.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Game of Thrones and The Crown actor to star in Norfolk play
- 7 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 8 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 9 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 10 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween