Necton to welcome the advent season with a festive concert
- Credit: Archant
Necton is getting into the festive mood by ushering in the advent season with a Christmas concert.
The event, titled A Medieval Christmas, will be performed by the Hexachordia Trio, a Norfolk-based band that brings a fresh approach to music of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
The band describes their performance as a musical journey that begins with the onset of winter and concludes with the New Year.
The medieval and renaissance music will be interspersed with seasonal readings, which capture the joy of the season.
It will take place at the All Saints Church in Necton, Swaffham at 3pm on December 3. Tickets are £10 and include mulled wine, mulled apple and mince pies.
You may also want to watch:
They can be purchased in advance from Ceres bookshop in Swaffham or from Mandy Bennett on 01760 721261, Helen Lewis on 01760 723139 or from Angela Mills on 01760 788294. Tickets will also be available on the door.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns