Necton's Lucy loves the bright lights
She has danced through Starlight and will now be Greased lightning on stage.For Lucy Boldero, from Dereham who grew up in Necton, has won a part in the latest production of the much loved musical.
She has danced through Starlight and will now be Greased lightning on stage.
For Lucy Boldero, from Dereham who grew up in Necton, has won a part in the latest production of the much loved musical.
The 23-year-old competed against hundreds of dancers desperate for the chance to appear in Grease at London's Piccadilly Theatre.
And now she has found after four gruelling rounds of singing and dancing she will not only be in the ensemble but also be an understudy to Rizzo.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It's one of the musicals I've always loved. I'm excited about starting and being out on stage. I get really nervous beforehand but I think you need the adrenaline.
“I knew I was up for an ensemble part and I'd hoped I'd be considered for an understudy. At the finals we had to audition in front of Arlene Philips but I've danced in front of her in other auditions and she's not like people think she is on the television.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 3 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 4 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 9 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 10 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
“When my agent found out I was in the hairdressers and didn't have my phone on me. So when I picked up my phone after a couple of hours I had all these missed calls.
“I just couldn't speak. I told my mum and had to repeat what I was saying. Then she started crying.”
The former Neatherd High pupil spent three years at a Leeds performing arts college and after graduating had several small roles before landing a part in Starlight, which saw her spend 18 months touring the UK and Scandinavia.
And almost as soon as she had returned she began the auditioning process for Grease.
Lucy will begin rehearsals in London on May 19 and the show opens on June 16.
She said: “London is a great city to visit but not to live. I'm a real home person and love coming back. Hopefully I'll be back most weekends.”