Museum4Watton to hold free history morning for families
- Credit: Archant
Families are being invited to participate in a morning of art inspiration and hands on history.
On Saturday, June 17 the Museum4Watton team, in partnership with Watton Library, will encourage children and their parents to connect with the past.
Youngsters will be able to handle things from the town's past - some of them thousands of years old - including coins and tools.
The free event will run at the library from 10.15am until 12.30pm.
Museum4Watton would also like to see people's Watton inspired art before the event.
You may also want to watch:
Pictures of the art can be taken and posted onto Twitter tagging @museum4watton or on the Museum4Watton Facebook account.
A bid by the group to house a permanent museum at Wayland Hall has been successful.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
There will be two major rooms to the museum and will include an education and research centre.