Museum4Watton to hold free history morning for families
- Credit: Archant
Families are being invited to participate in a morning of art inspiration and hands on history.
On Saturday, June 17 the Museum4Watton team, in partnership with Watton Library, will encourage children and their parents to connect with the past.
Youngsters will be able to handle things from the town's past - some of them thousands of years old - including coins and tools.
The free event will run at the library from 10.15am until 12.30pm.
Museum4Watton would also like to see people's Watton inspired art before the event.
You may also want to watch:
Pictures of the art can be taken and posted onto Twitter tagging @museum4watton or on the Museum4Watton Facebook account.
A bid by the group to house a permanent museum at Wayland Hall has been successful.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
There will be two major rooms to the museum and will include an education and research centre.