Museum4Watton to hold free history morning for families
- Credit: Archant
Families are being invited to participate in a morning of art inspiration and hands on history.
On Saturday, June 17 the Museum4Watton team, in partnership with Watton Library, will encourage children and their parents to connect with the past.
Youngsters will be able to handle things from the town's past - some of them thousands of years old - including coins and tools.
The free event will run at the library from 10.15am until 12.30pm.
Museum4Watton would also like to see people's Watton inspired art before the event.
You may also want to watch:
Pictures of the art can be taken and posted onto Twitter tagging @museum4watton or on the Museum4Watton Facebook account.
A bid by the group to house a permanent museum at Wayland Hall has been successful.
- 1 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 2 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 8 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
There will be two major rooms to the museum and will include an education and research centre.