Motorcyclist dies in police car collision
A motorcyclist has died after a collision with a police car.The accident took place on the B1108 Norwich Road at Carbrooke just before 11am on Saturday when a silver Ford Focus Zetec collided with two motorbikes.
A motorcyclist has died after a collision with an unmarked police car.
The accident took place on the B1108 Norwich Road at Carbrooke just before 11am on Saturday when a silver Ford Focus Zetec collided with two motorbikes.
One male motorcyclist died at the scene and a second received minor injuries.
The male driver of the Focus was an on-duty police officer who also suffered minor injuries. He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital as a precaution.
An investigation into the incident is underway and as it involved an on-duty officer Norfolk Constabulary has referred the matter to the Independent Police Complaints Commission to oversee the investigation.
The police car was not involved in any type of pursuit at the time of the crash.
- 1 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 2 All aboard for a 'street party atmosphere' at railway's jubilee events
- 3 12 missing Norfolk people feature in new hi-tech campaign
- 4 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 5 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 6 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 7 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 8 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
- 9 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 10 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
Anyone who witnessed the incident should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567.