Motorcyclist dies in police car collision
A motorcyclist has died after a collision with a police car.The accident took place on the B1108 Norwich Road at Carbrooke just before 11am on Saturday when a silver Ford Focus Zetec collided with two motorbikes.
A motorcyclist has died after a collision with an unmarked police car.
The accident took place on the B1108 Norwich Road at Carbrooke just before 11am on Saturday when a silver Ford Focus Zetec collided with two motorbikes.
One male motorcyclist died at the scene and a second received minor injuries.
The male driver of the Focus was an on-duty police officer who also suffered minor injuries. He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into the incident is underway and as it involved an on-duty officer Norfolk Constabulary has referred the matter to the Independent Police Complaints Commission to oversee the investigation.
The police car was not involved in any type of pursuit at the time of the crash.
- 1 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%
- 2 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 3 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’
- 4 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 5 Seven wonders of Watton
- 6 Pub wins award for services to community in lockdown
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 Friends save dog grooming business after owner's death
- 9 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 10 Shop Local: Council urge shoppers to use market towns this Christmas
Anyone who witnessed the incident should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567.