Motorcyclist dies in police car collision
A motorcyclist has died after a collision with a police car.The accident took place on the B1108 Norwich Road at Carbrooke just before 11am on Saturday when a silver Ford Focus Zetec collided with two motorbikes.
A motorcyclist has died after a collision with an unmarked police car.
The accident took place on the B1108 Norwich Road at Carbrooke just before 11am on Saturday when a silver Ford Focus Zetec collided with two motorbikes.
One male motorcyclist died at the scene and a second received minor injuries.
The male driver of the Focus was an on-duty police officer who also suffered minor injuries. He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into the incident is underway and as it involved an on-duty officer Norfolk Constabulary has referred the matter to the Independent Police Complaints Commission to oversee the investigation.
The police car was not involved in any type of pursuit at the time of the crash.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 8 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Anyone who witnessed the incident should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567.