Motorcyclist dies in police car collision
A motorcyclist has died after a collision with a police car.The accident took place on the B1108 Norwich Road at Carbrooke just before 11am on Saturday when a silver Ford Focus Zetec collided with two motorbikes.
A motorcyclist has died after a collision with an unmarked police car.
The accident took place on the B1108 Norwich Road at Carbrooke just before 11am on Saturday when a silver Ford Focus Zetec collided with two motorbikes.
One male motorcyclist died at the scene and a second received minor injuries.
The male driver of the Focus was an on-duty police officer who also suffered minor injuries. He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into the incident is underway and as it involved an on-duty officer Norfolk Constabulary has referred the matter to the Independent Police Complaints Commission to oversee the investigation.
The police car was not involved in any type of pursuit at the time of the crash.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
Anyone who witnessed the incident should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567.