Motorcyclist dies in police car collision
A motorcyclist has died after a collision with a police car.The accident took place on the B1108 Norwich Road at Carbrooke just before 11am on Saturday when a silver Ford Focus Zetec collided with two motorbikes.
A motorcyclist has died after a collision with an unmarked police car.
The accident took place on the B1108 Norwich Road at Carbrooke just before 11am on Saturday when a silver Ford Focus Zetec collided with two motorbikes.
One male motorcyclist died at the scene and a second received minor injuries.
The male driver of the Focus was an on-duty police officer who also suffered minor injuries. He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into the incident is underway and as it involved an on-duty officer Norfolk Constabulary has referred the matter to the Independent Police Complaints Commission to oversee the investigation.
The police car was not involved in any type of pursuit at the time of the crash.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 3 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 8 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
Anyone who witnessed the incident should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567.