Missing man who called family to say he was hurt after bike fall found safe and well
- Credit: Archant
A missing man who called his family to say he had fallen from his bike and injured his head has been found safe and well.
Craig Pelham, of Northolt Road, Carbrooke, was last seen cycling along Norwich Road, Watton, at around 3.30pm on Sunday. He failed to return home that evening.
The 43-year-old called his family at approximately 9am on Monday and suggested he'd had some kind of fall from his bike and injured his head.
He also claimed he had slept in a wooded area overnight but gave no further details before he ended the call.
Police searched the local area on foot and by air.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pelham was found in Puddledock Lane, Great Hockham, at 10.20am this morning by an officer conducting searches on a quad bike.
A police spokesman said: 'He is safe and well, however, he has been taken to hospital to be checked over as a precaution.
- 1 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Village church's remarkable growth told in new book
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 8 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 9 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van