Missing man who called family to say he was hurt after bike fall found safe and well
- Credit: Archant
A missing man who called his family to say he had fallen from his bike and injured his head has been found safe and well.
Craig Pelham, of Northolt Road, Carbrooke, was last seen cycling along Norwich Road, Watton, at around 3.30pm on Sunday. He failed to return home that evening.
The 43-year-old called his family at approximately 9am on Monday and suggested he'd had some kind of fall from his bike and injured his head.
He also claimed he had slept in a wooded area overnight but gave no further details before he ended the call.
Police searched the local area on foot and by air.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pelham was found in Puddledock Lane, Great Hockham, at 10.20am this morning by an officer conducting searches on a quad bike.
A police spokesman said: 'He is safe and well, however, he has been taken to hospital to be checked over as a precaution.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site