Missing man who called family to say he was hurt after bike fall found safe and well
- Credit: Archant
A missing man who called his family to say he had fallen from his bike and injured his head has been found safe and well.
Craig Pelham, of Northolt Road, Carbrooke, was last seen cycling along Norwich Road, Watton, at around 3.30pm on Sunday. He failed to return home that evening.
The 43-year-old called his family at approximately 9am on Monday and suggested he'd had some kind of fall from his bike and injured his head.
He also claimed he had slept in a wooded area overnight but gave no further details before he ended the call.
Police searched the local area on foot and by air.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pelham was found in Puddledock Lane, Great Hockham, at 10.20am this morning by an officer conducting searches on a quad bike.
A police spokesman said: 'He is safe and well, however, he has been taken to hospital to be checked over as a precaution.
- 1 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 2 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Air ambulance making big difference since start of 24/7 service
- 7 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 8 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 9 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready