Missing man who called family to say he was hurt after bike fall found safe and well
- Credit: Archant
A missing man who called his family to say he had fallen from his bike and injured his head has been found safe and well.
Craig Pelham, of Northolt Road, Carbrooke, was last seen cycling along Norwich Road, Watton, at around 3.30pm on Sunday. He failed to return home that evening.
The 43-year-old called his family at approximately 9am on Monday and suggested he'd had some kind of fall from his bike and injured his head.
He also claimed he had slept in a wooded area overnight but gave no further details before he ended the call.
Police searched the local area on foot and by air.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pelham was found in Puddledock Lane, Great Hockham, at 10.20am this morning by an officer conducting searches on a quad bike.
A police spokesman said: 'He is safe and well, however, he has been taken to hospital to be checked over as a precaution.
- 1 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 2 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 7 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 8 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out