Memorial music night for Watton teenager Annabel Laws
A fundraising night in memory of a Watton teenager who died in a car crash will be taking place next month.
Annie's memorial night has been organised by friends and family of Annabel Laws, pictured, who died aged 17 after the car she was travelling in hit a tree at Sporle on December 17.
The evening will be held at Watton Sports and Social Club, Dereham Road, from 6pm until midnight on June 2.
All proceeds from the night will go towards Nelson's Journey in Norwich, which supports young people and children who have experienced a close bereavement, and East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
The dress code for the evening is formal – shirts, ties and dresses – and the night will include a catwalk, live singing, a human auction, karaoke and disco.
Annabel's mother Angela Calton, from Saham Hills, said: 'She would have loved the fundraiser. She loved a good party and socialising. The charities are two good causes and anything we can do to raise money for them will be brilliant.'
She added that her daughter enjoyed spending time with children and was passionate about helping people.
- 1 Two new play areas costing £72,000 open in town park
- 2 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 3 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 4 Pupils design greeting card to welcome residents to new Swaffham estate
- 5 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 8 Teacher banned after 'inappropriate contact' with teenaged pupils
- 9 Gold Mercedes crashes through windows of Norfolk supermarket
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
Tickets cost �9.50 for adults, �5.50 for children aged between three and 12. It will be free for youngsters under three.
For more information and to buy tickets comment on the Annie's memorial night Facebook page.