Worried dog walker rang police after falling for 'creative' mannequin prank
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A dog walker called police after spotting what appeared to be half a body stuck in a Norfolk hedge – but it turned out someone was pulling their leg.
King's Lynn Police said they were called by a dog walker in Wretton, near Downham Market, after they saw the "suspicious item".
But once officers arrived as the scene, they soon discovered that what looked like the bottom half of a man kneeling in a hedge was, in fact, part of a mannequin.
It had been dressed up in a pair of blue jeans and black trainers, and was realistic enough to concern the dog walker.
In a tongue-in-cheek Twitter post, King's Lynn Police said: "No two days are ever the same in our job.
You may also want to watch:
"If you're missing a set of mannequin legs after being creative, they are with us at Downham Market Police Station!"
- 1 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 2 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 3 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 4 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 5 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 6 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 7 More than 100,000 young people have received Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive