Worried dog walker rang police after falling for 'creative' mannequin prank
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A dog walker called police after spotting what appeared to be half a body stuck in a Norfolk hedge – but it turned out someone was pulling their leg.
King's Lynn Police said they were called by a dog walker in Wretton, near Downham Market, after they saw the "suspicious item".
But once officers arrived as the scene, they soon discovered that what looked like the bottom half of a man kneeling in a hedge was, in fact, part of a mannequin.
It had been dressed up in a pair of blue jeans and black trainers, and was realistic enough to concern the dog walker.
In a tongue-in-cheek Twitter post, King's Lynn Police said: "No two days are ever the same in our job.
You may also want to watch:
"If you're missing a set of mannequin legs after being creative, they are with us at Downham Market Police Station!"
- 1 Norfolk discount store to take over former Poundstretcher building
- 2 'Stunning' period home which was once a village library is for sale
- 3 Warning over 'Royal Mail' fake text scam
- 4 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events
- 5 Former headteacher is Lib Dem pick for police and crime commissioner
- 6 MPs say vaccine roll-out 'under control' - despite jabs offered in Brighton
- 7 'People are keen to come' - What is happening with our big summer events?
- 8 From holidays to weddings - what does 68-page Covid roadmap tell us?
- 9 Worried dog walker rang police after falling for 'creative' mannequin prank
- 10 Council tax increase for Norfolk agreed amid discord over budget