Man killed in Swaffham crash named
Emma KnightsPolice today named the 27-year-old pedestrian who died in a road crash in Swaffham on Monday. Damien McGrane, of Cock Drove, Downham Market, died after being in a collision involving two cars on the Lynn Road, close to Breckland Meadow Touring Park, at about 9.Emma Knights
Police today named the 27-year-old pedestrian who died in a road crash in Swaffham on Monday.
Damien McGrane, of Cock Drove, Downham Market, died after being in a collision involving two cars on the Lynn Road, close to Breckland Meadow Touring Park, at about 9.45pm.
The two vehicles involved were a green Daewoo Lanos and a black Vauxhall Meriva.
Police are appealing for witnesses and would especially like to hear from the driver of a car, possibly a Toyota Celica, which passed Mr McGrane immediately prior to the collision and was thought to be travelling towards Swaffham.
You may also want to watch:
Officers would also like to speak to anyone who may have seen a man matching Mr McGrane's description walking away from Swaffham town centre towards Downham Market.
He was described as wearing black trousers, black trainers and a navy blue padded jacket.
- 1 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 8 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 9 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 10 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
The inquest into Mr McGrane's death is due to open tomorrow.
Witnesses are asked to contact PC Jeremy Blamire or PC Ian Thexton at Swaffham Road Policing on 0845 4564567 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.