Man killed in Swaffham crash named
Emma KnightsPolice today named the 27-year-old pedestrian who died in a road crash in Swaffham on Monday. Damien McGrane, of Cock Drove, Downham Market, died after being in a collision involving two cars on the Lynn Road, close to Breckland Meadow Touring Park, at about 9.Emma Knights
Police today named the 27-year-old pedestrian who died in a road crash in Swaffham on Monday.
Damien McGrane, of Cock Drove, Downham Market, died after being in a collision involving two cars on the Lynn Road, close to Breckland Meadow Touring Park, at about 9.45pm.
The two vehicles involved were a green Daewoo Lanos and a black Vauxhall Meriva.
Police are appealing for witnesses and would especially like to hear from the driver of a car, possibly a Toyota Celica, which passed Mr McGrane immediately prior to the collision and was thought to be travelling towards Swaffham.
You may also want to watch:
Officers would also like to speak to anyone who may have seen a man matching Mr McGrane's description walking away from Swaffham town centre towards Downham Market.
He was described as wearing black trousers, black trainers and a navy blue padded jacket.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 8 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
The inquest into Mr McGrane's death is due to open tomorrow.
Witnesses are asked to contact PC Jeremy Blamire or PC Ian Thexton at Swaffham Road Policing on 0845 4564567 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.