Man attacked in Swaffham churchyard
Ian Clarke A 28-year-old man was punched and knocked to the floor in an unprovoked attack by four people in Swaffham parish churchyard.The victim was left with a nasty eye injury and other facial injuries after the assault.
A 28-year-old man was punched and knocked to the floor in an unprovoked attack by four people in Swaffham parish churchyard.
The victim was left with a nasty eye injury and other facial injuries after the assault.
He was walking through the grounds of St Peter and St Paul Church, off Swaffham Market Place, when a man approached him and asked him for a cigarette.
You may also want to watch:
The victim gave him one and carried on walking when he then noticed the same man and three others approach him.
Police said they then punched him and knocked him to the floor.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 6 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 9 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 10 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
The incident occurred at 2.30pm on Sunday and police are appealing for witnesses or who has information on the offenders.
Contact PC Paul Kerry at Swaffham Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.