Man arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and drink driving following Swaffham crash
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man in his 50s has been arrested following a single vehicle crash which left a car stuck in a field and on fire.
Norfolk police were called to the incident at Beachamwell Road, Swaffham, at about 2.20pm today.
When they arrived, they discovered a Vauxhall Astra stuck more than 20 metres away in a field, off the main road, and on fire.
A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of criminal damage (arson not endangering life) and driving with excess alcohol.
Firefighters from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were also called and a crew from Watton used hose reel jets and a hydrant to put the fire out.
You may also want to watch:
The man remains in custody at King's Lynn police investigation centre.
Police are currently awaiting recovery for the car.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark