Man arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and drink driving following Swaffham crash
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man in his 50s has been arrested following a single vehicle crash which left a car stuck in a field and on fire.
Norfolk police were called to the incident at Beachamwell Road, Swaffham, at about 2.20pm today.
When they arrived, they discovered a Vauxhall Astra stuck more than 20 metres away in a field, off the main road, and on fire.
A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of criminal damage (arson not endangering life) and driving with excess alcohol.
Firefighters from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were also called and a crew from Watton used hose reel jets and a hydrant to put the fire out.
The man remains in custody at King's Lynn police investigation centre.
Police are currently awaiting recovery for the car.
- 1 New lake could be dug in west Norfolk tourism hotspot
- 2 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 3 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 4 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Woman to stand trial following fatal crash with motorcyclist
- 6 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 7 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 8 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 9 Public toilets unusable after been vandalised four times in a week
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?