Man arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and drink driving following Swaffham crash
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man in his 50s has been arrested following a single vehicle crash which left a car stuck in a field and on fire.
Norfolk police were called to the incident at Beachamwell Road, Swaffham, at about 2.20pm today.
When they arrived, they discovered a Vauxhall Astra stuck more than 20 metres away in a field, off the main road, and on fire.
A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of criminal damage (arson not endangering life) and driving with excess alcohol.
Firefighters from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were also called and a crew from Watton used hose reel jets and a hydrant to put the fire out.
You may also want to watch:
The man remains in custody at King's Lynn police investigation centre.
Police are currently awaiting recovery for the car.
- 1 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 2 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 5 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 6 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 7 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van