Man arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and drink driving following Swaffham crash
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man in his 50s has been arrested following a single vehicle crash which left a car stuck in a field and on fire.
Norfolk police were called to the incident at Beachamwell Road, Swaffham, at about 2.20pm today.
When they arrived, they discovered a Vauxhall Astra stuck more than 20 metres away in a field, off the main road, and on fire.
A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of criminal damage (arson not endangering life) and driving with excess alcohol.
Firefighters from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were also called and a crew from Watton used hose reel jets and a hydrant to put the fire out.
You may also want to watch:
The man remains in custody at King's Lynn police investigation centre.
Police are currently awaiting recovery for the car.
- 1 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 2 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 3 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 'Appalling' online abuse targeted at MPs
- 7 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 8 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 9 Man pulled teen from car and held knife to his throat in attack
- 10 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress