Man arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and drink driving following Swaffham crash
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man in his 50s has been arrested following a single vehicle crash which left a car stuck in a field and on fire.
Norfolk police were called to the incident at Beachamwell Road, Swaffham, at about 2.20pm today.
When they arrived, they discovered a Vauxhall Astra stuck more than 20 metres away in a field, off the main road, and on fire.
A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of criminal damage (arson not endangering life) and driving with excess alcohol.
Firefighters from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were also called and a crew from Watton used hose reel jets and a hydrant to put the fire out.
You may also want to watch:
The man remains in custody at King's Lynn police investigation centre.
Police are currently awaiting recovery for the car.
- 1 'Almost life changing' - school overjoyed with Every Child Online laptops
- 2 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 9 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region