MP Liz Truss makes special appearance at Christmas lunch
- Credit: Archant
The Swaffham Lions held their annual seniors Christmas lunch this weekend and welcomed special guests, including the Conservative MP for South West Norfolk, Liz Truss.
The MP spent time talking to guests throughout the afternoon alongside Lion President Pam Tallon and Swaffham Mayor Jill Skinner.
Despite the wintery conditions, there were 80 guests at the event and they all sat down to a traditional Christmas dinner prepared by international chef John Hornsby, who had flown in from the Canaries for the occasion.
A team of Lions prepared the vegetables that were all supplied free of charge by Tesco.
After the meal there was afternoon entertainment including a table quiz, bingo, songs from the 60s and carols.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend Ms Tallon also welcomed a new member to the club after officially inducting Joy Williams as the 28th member and the 3rd lady Lion member.
- 1 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 Police searching for criminal wanted on recall to prison
- 4 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 5 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 6 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 7 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months