School PTA organises litter pick events
- Credit: Archant
Community members are being invited to join a litter pick event organised by a school parent-teacher association (PTA).
A similar event was held last month by Watton Westfield Infant and Nursery School's PTA with 14 adults and six children taking part.
More than 10 bags of rubbish were collected during a 'successful' hour of litter picking.
Areas targeted include hedge boundaries surrounding the school and West Road, East Road, South Road, North Road, George Trollope Road and alleyways.
The PTA praised the 'great work' by everyone involved and thanked volunteers for 'generously helping'.
You may also want to watch:
The association's second litter pick will be held on Sunday, April 22 between 9.30am and 10.30am.
People are asked to meet at the front gates on West Road.
- 1 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 2 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 5 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 6 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 7 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
All are welcome to attend.
For more information about litter pick events visit the Watton Community Noticeboard on Facebook.