School PTA organises litter pick events
- Credit: Archant
Community members are being invited to join a litter pick event organised by a school parent-teacher association (PTA).
A similar event was held last month by Watton Westfield Infant and Nursery School's PTA with 14 adults and six children taking part.
More than 10 bags of rubbish were collected during a 'successful' hour of litter picking.
Areas targeted include hedge boundaries surrounding the school and West Road, East Road, South Road, North Road, George Trollope Road and alleyways.
The PTA praised the 'great work' by everyone involved and thanked volunteers for 'generously helping'.
The association's second litter pick will be held on Sunday, April 22 between 9.30am and 10.30am.
People are asked to meet at the front gates on West Road.
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 5 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 6 OPINION: The price of happiness and contentment
- 7 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 8 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
All are welcome to attend.
For more information about litter pick events visit the Watton Community Noticeboard on Facebook.