School PTA organises litter pick events
- Credit: Archant
Community members are being invited to join a litter pick event organised by a school parent-teacher association (PTA).
A similar event was held last month by Watton Westfield Infant and Nursery School's PTA with 14 adults and six children taking part.
More than 10 bags of rubbish were collected during a 'successful' hour of litter picking.
Areas targeted include hedge boundaries surrounding the school and West Road, East Road, South Road, North Road, George Trollope Road and alleyways.
The PTA praised the 'great work' by everyone involved and thanked volunteers for 'generously helping'.
You may also want to watch:
The association's second litter pick will be held on Sunday, April 22 between 9.30am and 10.30am.
People are asked to meet at the front gates on West Road.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
All are welcome to attend.
For more information about litter pick events visit the Watton Community Noticeboard on Facebook.