Lion members raise hundreds for charity with annual quiz
- Credit: Archant
The Swaffham Lions have raised hundreds of pounds for good causes through an annual quiz.
The St George's Day Quiz was held at the Swaffham Assembly Rooms and raised more than £600 for causes that are supported by the community group.
More than 60 people took part and the winning team was presented with six bottles of wine. The runners-up received a 2018 Guinness Book of Records.
Lions is an international volunteer organisation that has raised money for numerous causes around the world and has more than 1.4 million members across 200 countries.
In March, the organisation set a target of feeding 5,000 people with food donations, as part of their 100 years celebration.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the Swaffham Lions supplied 44kgs of food, which was donated towards the Norwich food bank along with other donations from Lions clubs in East Anglia.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 8 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help