Lion members raise hundreds for charity with annual quiz
- Credit: Archant
The Swaffham Lions have raised hundreds of pounds for good causes through an annual quiz.
The St George's Day Quiz was held at the Swaffham Assembly Rooms and raised more than £600 for causes that are supported by the community group.
More than 60 people took part and the winning team was presented with six bottles of wine. The runners-up received a 2018 Guinness Book of Records.
Lions is an international volunteer organisation that has raised money for numerous causes around the world and has more than 1.4 million members across 200 countries.
In March, the organisation set a target of feeding 5,000 people with food donations, as part of their 100 years celebration.
Members of the Swaffham Lions supplied 44kgs of food, which was donated towards the Norwich food bank along with other donations from Lions clubs in East Anglia.
- 1 Norfolk scams: Washing machine fraudsters and fake WhatsApp messages
- 2 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 5 Outdoor nativity village with live animals at Norfolk church
- 6 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 7 Festive cheer returns to Watton streets at Christmas event
- 8 Where can I see Santa on his sleigh in Breckland this Christmas?
- 9 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 10 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'