Lion members raise hundreds for charity with annual quiz
- Credit: Archant
The Swaffham Lions have raised hundreds of pounds for good causes through an annual quiz.
The St George's Day Quiz was held at the Swaffham Assembly Rooms and raised more than £600 for causes that are supported by the community group.
More than 60 people took part and the winning team was presented with six bottles of wine. The runners-up received a 2018 Guinness Book of Records.
Lions is an international volunteer organisation that has raised money for numerous causes around the world and has more than 1.4 million members across 200 countries.
In March, the organisation set a target of feeding 5,000 people with food donations, as part of their 100 years celebration.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the Swaffham Lions supplied 44kgs of food, which was donated towards the Norwich food bank along with other donations from Lions clubs in East Anglia.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 3 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 8 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 9 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark