Lion members raise hundreds for charity with annual quiz
- Credit: Archant
The Swaffham Lions have raised hundreds of pounds for good causes through an annual quiz.
The St George's Day Quiz was held at the Swaffham Assembly Rooms and raised more than £600 for causes that are supported by the community group.
More than 60 people took part and the winning team was presented with six bottles of wine. The runners-up received a 2018 Guinness Book of Records.
Lions is an international volunteer organisation that has raised money for numerous causes around the world and has more than 1.4 million members across 200 countries.
In March, the organisation set a target of feeding 5,000 people with food donations, as part of their 100 years celebration.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the Swaffham Lions supplied 44kgs of food, which was donated towards the Norwich food bank along with other donations from Lions clubs in East Anglia.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village