Lauren is a new year mum!
AN RAF Marham photographer was among the first mothers of the new year at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.Lauren Pope, a 24-year-old photographer from RAF Marham, has yet to find a name for her 6lb 5oz son, who arrived a week early at 6.
AN RAF Marham photographer was among the first mothers of the new year at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
Lauren Pope, a 24-year-old photographer from RAF Marham, has yet to find a name for her 6lb 5oz son, who arrived a week early at 6.50am.
Her husband Richard, 25, also works on the air base as a weapons technician with 93 Squadron and was celebrating the New Year with friends when he got the call to say his son was on the way.
The couple arrived at the maternity ward at about 2am but returned home at 6am, though were soon on their way back to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Pope said: 'When we started to come back again the baby was nearly out in the car. There was no panic until the very last minute - the A&E staff were in shock as much as I was.'
- 1 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 4 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 7 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 10 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney