Lauren is a new year mum!
AN RAF Marham photographer was among the first mothers of the new year at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.Lauren Pope, a 24-year-old photographer from RAF Marham, has yet to find a name for her 6lb 5oz son, who arrived a week early at 6.
AN RAF Marham photographer was among the first mothers of the new year at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
Lauren Pope, a 24-year-old photographer from RAF Marham, has yet to find a name for her 6lb 5oz son, who arrived a week early at 6.50am.
Her husband Richard, 25, also works on the air base as a weapons technician with 93 Squadron and was celebrating the New Year with friends when he got the call to say his son was on the way.
The couple arrived at the maternity ward at about 2am but returned home at 6am, though were soon on their way back to hospital.
Mrs Pope said: 'When we started to come back again the baby was nearly out in the car. There was no panic until the very last minute - the A&E staff were in shock as much as I was.'
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 4 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 5 OPINION: The price of happiness and contentment
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 8 Norfolk Tory MP calls for 'serious changes' following Sue Gray report
- 9 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
- 10 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit