Lauren is a new year mum!
AN RAF Marham photographer was among the first mothers of the new year at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.Lauren Pope, a 24-year-old photographer from RAF Marham, has yet to find a name for her 6lb 5oz son, who arrived a week early at 6.
AN RAF Marham photographer was among the first mothers of the new year at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
Lauren Pope, a 24-year-old photographer from RAF Marham, has yet to find a name for her 6lb 5oz son, who arrived a week early at 6.50am.
Her husband Richard, 25, also works on the air base as a weapons technician with 93 Squadron and was celebrating the New Year with friends when he got the call to say his son was on the way.
The couple arrived at the maternity ward at about 2am but returned home at 6am, though were soon on their way back to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Pope said: 'When we started to come back again the baby was nearly out in the car. There was no panic until the very last minute - the A&E staff were in shock as much as I was.'
- 1 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 2 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 3 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 4 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 5 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Once-extinct rare frog returns to its Norfolk home
- 8 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk