Lauren is a new year mum!
AN RAF Marham photographer was among the first mothers of the new year at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.Lauren Pope, a 24-year-old photographer from RAF Marham, has yet to find a name for her 6lb 5oz son, who arrived a week early at 6.
AN RAF Marham photographer was among the first mothers of the new year at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
Lauren Pope, a 24-year-old photographer from RAF Marham, has yet to find a name for her 6lb 5oz son, who arrived a week early at 6.50am.
Her husband Richard, 25, also works on the air base as a weapons technician with 93 Squadron and was celebrating the New Year with friends when he got the call to say his son was on the way.
The couple arrived at the maternity ward at about 2am but returned home at 6am, though were soon on their way back to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Pope said: 'When we started to come back again the baby was nearly out in the car. There was no panic until the very last minute - the A&E staff were in shock as much as I was.'
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 8 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 9 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall