Lakenheath airmen head for middle east
More than 350 airmen from RAF Lakenheath have been deployed to operations in south west Asia in the past week.The airmen assigned to the 48th Fighter Wing are supporting Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom.
More than 350 airmen from RAF Lakenheath have been deployed to operations in south west Asia in the past week.
The airmen assigned to the 48th Fighter Wing are supporting Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom.
People living in Norfolk were awoken in the early hours of Monday morning by the 492nd Fighter Squadron F-15E Strike Eagles leaving the base at 3am.
Staff Sergeant Nathan Gallahan said they left early in the morning so that they could land at their destinations in daylight.
Many of the airmen have been deployed with the 492nd Fighter Squadron to support coalition forces in Afghanistan.
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 6 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 7 OPINION: The price of happiness and contentment
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 10 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise