Lakenheath airmen head for middle east
More than 350 airmen from RAF Lakenheath have been deployed to operations in south west Asia in the past week.The airmen assigned to the 48th Fighter Wing are supporting Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom.
More than 350 airmen from RAF Lakenheath have been deployed to operations in south west Asia in the past week.
The airmen assigned to the 48th Fighter Wing are supporting Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom.
People living in Norfolk were awoken in the early hours of Monday morning by the 492nd Fighter Squadron F-15E Strike Eagles leaving the base at 3am.
Staff Sergeant Nathan Gallahan said they left early in the morning so that they could land at their destinations in daylight.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the airmen have been deployed with the 492nd Fighter Squadron to support coalition forces in Afghanistan.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site