Lakenheath airmen head for middle east
More than 350 airmen from RAF Lakenheath have been deployed to operations in south west Asia in the past week.The airmen assigned to the 48th Fighter Wing are supporting Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom.
More than 350 airmen from RAF Lakenheath have been deployed to operations in south west Asia in the past week.
The airmen assigned to the 48th Fighter Wing are supporting Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom.
People living in Norfolk were awoken in the early hours of Monday morning by the 492nd Fighter Squadron F-15E Strike Eagles leaving the base at 3am.
Staff Sergeant Nathan Gallahan said they left early in the morning so that they could land at their destinations in daylight.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the airmen have been deployed with the 492nd Fighter Squadron to support coalition forces in Afghanistan.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 8 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall