Lakenheath airmen head for middle east
More than 350 airmen from RAF Lakenheath have been deployed to operations in south west Asia in the past week.The airmen assigned to the 48th Fighter Wing are supporting Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom.
More than 350 airmen from RAF Lakenheath have been deployed to operations in south west Asia in the past week.
The airmen assigned to the 48th Fighter Wing are supporting Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom.
People living in Norfolk were awoken in the early hours of Monday morning by the 492nd Fighter Squadron F-15E Strike Eagles leaving the base at 3am.
Staff Sergeant Nathan Gallahan said they left early in the morning so that they could land at their destinations in daylight.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the airmen have been deployed with the 492nd Fighter Squadron to support coalition forces in Afghanistan.
- 1 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Village church's remarkable growth told in new book
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 8 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 9 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van