Kingdom bosses pay for memorial repairs
Bosses of the TV show Kingdom have promised to underwrite repair costs after causing damage to one of Swaffham's landmark monuments.The producers of the popular series said the southern side of the war memorial facing the market square has been scratched while filming took place in the area.
Bosses of the TV show Kingdom have promised to underwrite repair costs after causing damage to one of Swaffham's landmark monuments.
The producers of the popular series said the southern side of the war memorial facing the market square has been scratched while filming took place in the area.
Earlier this year, members of the Royal British Legion put on the same side a new plaque dedicated to local heroes fallen in conflict.
An ITV spokeswoman said: “The production company of Kingdom have admitted responsibility as they requested to do some filming at the memorial.
“In boarding up one section they have taken some of the enamel paint off the lettering. They have now agreed to pay £150 for the repair works which a local firm will carry out very soon. We don't know when the damage occurred.”
Richard Bishop, the town council's clerk, said the repair will be carried out by Bretts of Watton.
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 6 OPINION: The price of happiness and contentment
- 7 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 10 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
He also confirmed that the producers will be paying for an adjoining seat which had been moved to be placed back in position on the same side of the memorial.