Kingdom bosses pay for memorial repairs
Bosses of the TV show Kingdom have promised to underwrite repair costs after causing damage to one of Swaffham's landmark monuments.The producers of the popular series said the southern side of the war memorial facing the market square has been scratched while filming took place in the area.
Bosses of the TV show Kingdom have promised to underwrite repair costs after causing damage to one of Swaffham's landmark monuments.
The producers of the popular series said the southern side of the war memorial facing the market square has been scratched while filming took place in the area.
Earlier this year, members of the Royal British Legion put on the same side a new plaque dedicated to local heroes fallen in conflict.
An ITV spokeswoman said: “The production company of Kingdom have admitted responsibility as they requested to do some filming at the memorial.
You may also want to watch:
“In boarding up one section they have taken some of the enamel paint off the lettering. They have now agreed to pay £150 for the repair works which a local firm will carry out very soon. We don't know when the damage occurred.”
Richard Bishop, the town council's clerk, said the repair will be carried out by Bretts of Watton.
- 1 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
- 2 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 6 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 7 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 8 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 9 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 10 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
He also confirmed that the producers will be paying for an adjoining seat which had been moved to be placed back in position on the same side of the memorial.