Kingdom bosses pay for memorial repairs
Bosses of the TV show Kingdom have promised to underwrite repair costs after causing damage to one of Swaffham's landmark monuments.The producers of the popular series said the southern side of the war memorial facing the market square has been scratched while filming took place in the area.
Bosses of the TV show Kingdom have promised to underwrite repair costs after causing damage to one of Swaffham's landmark monuments.
The producers of the popular series said the southern side of the war memorial facing the market square has been scratched while filming took place in the area.
Earlier this year, members of the Royal British Legion put on the same side a new plaque dedicated to local heroes fallen in conflict.
An ITV spokeswoman said: “The production company of Kingdom have admitted responsibility as they requested to do some filming at the memorial.
You may also want to watch:
“In boarding up one section they have taken some of the enamel paint off the lettering. They have now agreed to pay £150 for the repair works which a local firm will carry out very soon. We don't know when the damage occurred.”
Richard Bishop, the town council's clerk, said the repair will be carried out by Bretts of Watton.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 3 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
He also confirmed that the producers will be paying for an adjoining seat which had been moved to be placed back in position on the same side of the memorial.