Indoor 'street briefings' to be held in Swaffham
Dominic ChessumPolice have announced a series of special indoor 'street briefings' in a mid-Norfolk market town.The move follows concerns raised last month by Swaffham Town Council that the briefings, which are normally held in an outdoor location and offer a chance for locals to raise any issues they have, left some feeling vulnerable.Dominic Chessum
Police have announced a series of special indoor 'street briefings' in a mid-Norfolk market town.
The move follows concerns raised last month by Swaffham Town Council that the briefings, which are normally held in an outdoor location and offer a chance for locals to raise any issues they have, left some feeling vulnerable.
Councillors said some people were afraid to approach the police in a public place because they did not know who might be around the corner watching them.
Extra briefings will now be held in Swaffham Assembly Rooms on October 13, December 3, February 9 and March 31.
You may also want to watch:
All the meetings begin at 6pm and everyone is welcome.
A police spokesman said the indoor meetings had been announced as a response to the council's concerns.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 5 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 9 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
She said: 'These engagement events will not be held in a meeting style. They are designed to give members of public the chance to come and talk to us and raise concerns in person with all local agencies in an informal style.'
t Contact the Safer Neighbourhood Team on 0845 456 4567 or email email@example.com.