Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Hundreds of homes across three areas of Norfolk are without power this morning after an overhead line fault.
The problem, which was first reported at 7.11am on Friday, January 15, has left 324 homes and businesses without electricity across seven different postcodes.
Areas affected include Norwich, Wells, Little Massingham, Great Massingham, Litcham, Castle Acre and Necton.
UK Power Networks has apologised for any disruption, it said: "We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"Engineers in our control room have switched some customers power back on in your area.
You may also want to watch:
"To get everyone’s power back on we may need to attend to investigate and make repairs. We’ll continue to update you until everyone’s power is back on."
Engineers were sent to the site of the problem at 7.22am and arrived just after 8am.
- 1 Norfolk discount store to take over former Poundstretcher building
- 2 Mother-of-two's newfound confidence after six-stone weight loss
- 3 'Stunning' period home which was once a village library is for sale
- 4 What our readers think of the vaccine passport debate
- 5 Warning over 'Royal Mail' fake text scam
- 6 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 7 Warm winds bring Saharan dust as temperatures soar to 17C
- 8 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events
- 9 Could the UK introduce Covid vaccine passports - and how would they work?
- 10 'People are keen to come' - What is happening with our big summer events?
The team expects the power to be returned to customers by 9.30am.
The full list of postcodes affected include; NR2 3, NR21 0, NR22 6, NR23 1, PE30 3, and PE32 2.