Homes plan for Watton engineering site
Fresh plans have been sent to council officials to redevelop a former engineering site at Watton for housing.Abbey Engineering had previously applied for permission to build on its land at Brandon Road - next to Bowes abattoir - but the proposals were withdrawn.
Fresh plans have been sent to council officials to redevelop a former engineering site at Watton for housing.
Abbey Engineering had previously applied for permission to build on its land at Brandon Road - next to Bowes abattoir - but the proposals were withdrawn.
Now a new application has been submitted to Breckland Council which provides a “significant area” of open space to be a buffer between the current industrial site and the proposed new homes.
No specific number of homes is proposed in the outline plans for the 2.5-acre site but agent Paul Took said in a letter to Breckland that it “was likely to be less than 25” and would include affordable housing.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Took said the site had become derelict and the re-development would be a “major benefit” to the area.
The application includes a report on noise and measures to tackle it.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 3 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark