Homes plan for Watton engineering site
Fresh plans have been sent to council officials to redevelop a former engineering site at Watton for housing.Abbey Engineering had previously applied for permission to build on its land at Brandon Road - next to Bowes abattoir - but the proposals were withdrawn.
Fresh plans have been sent to council officials to redevelop a former engineering site at Watton for housing.
Abbey Engineering had previously applied for permission to build on its land at Brandon Road - next to Bowes abattoir - but the proposals were withdrawn.
Now a new application has been submitted to Breckland Council which provides a “significant area” of open space to be a buffer between the current industrial site and the proposed new homes.
No specific number of homes is proposed in the outline plans for the 2.5-acre site but agent Paul Took said in a letter to Breckland that it “was likely to be less than 25” and would include affordable housing.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Took said the site had become derelict and the re-development would be a “major benefit” to the area.
The application includes a report on noise and measures to tackle it.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village