Home-Start volunteers complete training
TEN new volunteers have completed their training with the Swaffham and District Home-Start Scheme.
TEN new volunteers have completed their training with the Swaffham and District Home-Start Scheme
After taking part in a 10 week training course, the new volunteers will join the expanding Home-Start volunteer team to offer support, friendship and practical assistance to families with at least one child under five who are experiencing difficulties, such as isolation and loneliness or family management skills.
The Swaffham and District Home Start Scheme cover more than 50 parishes around Swaffham, as well as areas around Dereham, Swanton Morley and Fakenham.
Volunteers are parents themselves who have some time to spare and can give a commitment to complete the training course and afterwards visit designated families in their homes on a regular basis.
If you are interested in joining the team as a volunteer with Home-Start call 01760 721271 for more details or visit www.home-start.org.uk
The next training course starts in February 2010.
- 1 Two new play areas costing £72,000 open in town park
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Pupils design greeting card to welcome residents to new Swaffham estate
- 4 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 5 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Teacher banned after 'inappropriate contact' with teenaged pupils
- 8 Gold Mercedes crashes through windows of Norfolk supermarket
- 9 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 10 Family tribute to ‘amazing daddy’ who died in motorcycle crash
The scheme is also looking for people to fill vacancies on the Board of Trustees.