Help needed to target anti-social behaviour in Watton
Kathryn CrossParents of young people in Watton causing trouble in the neighbourhood are being asked to take more responsibility for their children's behaviour.Members of the public raised concerns to police at a meeting of the Watton Safer Neighbourhood Team about under-age drinking, rowdy behaviour and noise nuisance in the Norwich Road vicinity.Kathryn Cross
Parents of young people in Watton causing trouble in the neighbourhood are being asked to take more responsibility for their children's behaviour.
Members of the public raised concerns to police at a meeting of the Watton Safer Neighbourhood Team about under-age drinking, rowdy behaviour and noise nuisance in the Norwich Road vicinity. This issue has now become one of three priorities for the Watton SNT and partner agencies to address over the next two months.
This week police returned a number of young people to their households where words of advice were given to the youth and parents were informed about their youngsters misbehaving.
Sgt Lance Ogbourne said: 'We will not tolerate inappropriate behaviour in the town and those causing it will be dealt with by the neighbourhood policing team. The team will be carrying out extra targeted patrols along Norwich Road to reassure the community.
You may also want to watch:
'We are asking parents to help and be aware of where their children are going and what they are doing, as parents have the responsibility for their children's behaviour especially when it affects the wider community. Young people should also be conscious that if they get a criminal record it will affect their opportunities in the future.'
Anyone with information about any inappropriate behaviour should contact Watton SNT on 0845 456 4567 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 7 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help