Forest fires, traffic chaos and plenty of ice cream: East Anglian heatwaves through the years
As we experience the hottest July day in the region on record it's timely to look back on heatwaves past.
With the help of our Local Recall archives and picture libraries we've been able to put together a picture of how the region sizzled from 1901 to present day.
Click through our interactive story to view excerpts from this newspapers heatwave reports starting from over 100 years ago and enjoy our gallery of historic photos.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 6 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 7 What now for Norfolk County Council after the elections?
- 8 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk