New Covid test centre opens – with no appointment needed
- Credit: Denise Bradley
A new asymptomatic Covid-19 testing centre has opened in Norfolk.
It opened on Monday, July 5, and can be found at Queen's Hall in Norwich Road, Watton.
Breckland Council announced the news on its social media pages.
It is open from 9am until 4pm every day up to and including Saturday, July 10 – except for on Tuesday.
No booking is required so people can show up unannounced – but anyone displaying symptoms of Covid-19 is asked not to go.
You may also want to watch:
Around one in three people who are infected with the virus do not experience symptoms and so could be spreading the disease without knowing it.
An asymptomatic testing programme is therefore being delivered locally by Breckland Council and Norfolk County Council's public health team.
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 3 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 4 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 5 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 6 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 7 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 8 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 9 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 10 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'