Girls preparing for gruelling trek
Richard Parr A QUARTET of girls have begun their intensive training in preparation for a gruelling endurance expedition they are completing in July.
A QUARTET of girls have begun their intensive training in preparation for a gruelling endurance expedition they are completing in July.
They have been out running in Thetford Forest as they will be testing their stamina and endurance against teams from the famously tough Gurkha regiments by competing in the Trailwalker, regarded as one of the most challenging team events in the world.
The team is made up of Cassie Mower of Norfolk County Council trading standards office farm team at Watton, job recruitment manager, Kirsty Parker, from Thetford, special needs assistant Laura Cook, from Wymondham and Gemma Nicholls, trading standards officer Watton farm team.
You may also want to watch:
The event, on July 17 and 18, involves teams of four covering a 100k course across the South Downs in less than 30 hours and the Norfolk group will be raising cash for Oxfam and the Gurkha Welfare Trust.
The girls hope to complete the course within 24 hours.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 8 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
Team leader Cassie Mower commented: “We were looking for a challenge which was both physical and mental and Trailwalker was the perfect event. To get to the end of the course we'll be testing our fitness endurance and also our mental stamina and by taking part in the event we will raising money for two very worthwhile charities.”
Anyone wishing to sponsor the girls can do so by contacting Cassie on 01362 822494.