Funeral directors hunt for worthy cause
Funeral director Breckland Funeral Service has launched a search for a local charity, community group or project to receive a cash award.It is part of the Community Cash Award scheme being run by Anglia Funeral Services, which the company is part of.
Funeral director Breckland Funeral Service has launched a search for a local charity, community group or project to receive a cash award.
It is part of the Community Cash Award scheme being run by Anglia Funeral Services, which the company is part of. Each of the business' 17 funeral homes in the region will nominate a local good cause to receive £250.
“It is a chance for us to reward the people who do so much good in our local community,” explained funeral manager Eirlys Johnson. “There are many worthy causes, often with work being done by volunteers whose efforts are unrecognised as well as unpaid. This is our way of rewarding them.”
Groups and charities may nominate themselves for the award. Winners will be honoured at an awards ceremony later this year at EPIC, the former Anglia TV studios in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Nomination forms are available from the branch in Watton, The closing date for nominations is Friday, October 24 and winners will be notified in early November.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans