Festivities and fancy dress at Watton’s Christmas event
- Credit: Sue Dent
Families, festivities and fancy dress could be seen on the streets of Watton at its Christmas market and fun run.
Hundreds of families took to the streets of Watton on Sunday, November 23, to take part in the town's annual Christmas event.
Watton Town Crier Mike Wabe kicked off the town's fun run with more than 100 people in fancy dress complete a 5k course, which saw experience runners, families and even dogs join in.
In the afternoon the high street was packed with stalls selling Christmas gifts and crafts and children had the chance to meet Santa and pet animals in a live nativity scene.
Entertainment was provided throughout the day with a mix of performances from Phoenix Pipes and Drums, the Watton Silver Band, the Choir of Hope, the Breckland Js junior choir and the Choir from Watton Pentecostal Church.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Pat Warwick said: "Watton is very lucky to have such talented musicians based here in our own Town. Today, yet again, they did us proud! Thank you to them all."
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 6 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 7 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 8 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales