Energy saving award for GP surgery
A GP surgery in Swaffham has been presented with a top award, recognising its energy efficiency.Plowright Medical Centre won the national sustainability accolade at a recent ceremony in London, impressing judges with its use of materials and drastic reduction in energy consumption.
A GP surgery in Swaffham has been presented with a top award, recognising its energy efficiency.
Plowright Medical Centre won the national sustainability accolade at a recent ceremony in London, impressing judges with its use of materials and drastic reduction in energy consumption.
The practice beat 210 new NHS centres, boasting minimal carbon dioxide emissions.
Bosses at the new surgery near Swaffham's Eco Tech Centre say the practice has made a real difference to the healthcare of its 5,300 patients.
You may also want to watch:
David Cockayne, practice manager said: “We are delighted to have won this award. Surveys of both patients and staff showed very high satisfaction with the design, layout and location of the centre. Patients have talked of the light and airy atmosphere of the building as well as the feeling of well-being within the building. It is also a lovely environment for the staff to work in.”
Plowright Medical Centre was completed and opened in April 2005, replacing a surgery at the centre of Swaffham which had become unsuitable. The Centre was funded through a series of private-public partnerships including Norlife and the NHS Local Improvement Finance Trust - a partnership between NHS Norfolk, Guildhouse UK - a private sector partner - and Community Health Partnerships).
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
Barry Jenkins, chief executive for Norlife, said: “The Plowright Medical Centre demonstrates that there need be no compromise in either cost or functionality to achieve a sustainable design.”