Energy saving award for GP surgery
A GP surgery in Swaffham has been presented with a top award, recognising its energy efficiency.Plowright Medical Centre won the national sustainability accolade at a recent ceremony in London, impressing judges with its use of materials and drastic reduction in energy consumption.
A GP surgery in Swaffham has been presented with a top award, recognising its energy efficiency.
Plowright Medical Centre won the national sustainability accolade at a recent ceremony in London, impressing judges with its use of materials and drastic reduction in energy consumption.
The practice beat 210 new NHS centres, boasting minimal carbon dioxide emissions.
Bosses at the new surgery near Swaffham's Eco Tech Centre say the practice has made a real difference to the healthcare of its 5,300 patients.
David Cockayne, practice manager said: “We are delighted to have won this award. Surveys of both patients and staff showed very high satisfaction with the design, layout and location of the centre. Patients have talked of the light and airy atmosphere of the building as well as the feeling of well-being within the building. It is also a lovely environment for the staff to work in.”
Plowright Medical Centre was completed and opened in April 2005, replacing a surgery at the centre of Swaffham which had become unsuitable. The Centre was funded through a series of private-public partnerships including Norlife and the NHS Local Improvement Finance Trust - a partnership between NHS Norfolk, Guildhouse UK - a private sector partner - and Community Health Partnerships).
- 1 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The Ghost Train of King's Lynn
- 3 Two new play areas costing £72,000 open in town park
- 4 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 5 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 6 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 7 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 8 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 9 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 10 Pupils design greeting card to welcome residents to new Swaffham estate
Barry Jenkins, chief executive for Norlife, said: “The Plowright Medical Centre demonstrates that there need be no compromise in either cost or functionality to achieve a sustainable design.”