School dinners firm signs up chef Richard Hughes
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A Swaffham-based schools catering business has teamed up with a Norfolk chef to offer youngsters and their parents a chance to hone their cookery skills.
Edwards & Blake has announced Richard Hughes, chef director of The Assembly House in Norwich, as its food ambassador for 2018/19.
The role will involve Mr Hughes taking part in several initiatives as well as running cookery competitions across the caterer's 160 primary and secondary schools to encourage healthy eating.
It will culminate with students and their families being able to learn at the Richard Hughes Cookery School.
Vince Pearson, chairman of Edwards & Blake, said it was a privilege to work with Mr Hughes.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'We are thrilled that he will bring his passion and enthusiasm directly to our pupils and students and enhance their knowledge and skills of good food and great cooking.'
- 1 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 2 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 3 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 8 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 9 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 10 Air ambulance making big difference since start of 24/7 service