Fire crews tackle blaze in several vehicles at Norfolk village garage
- Credit: Chris Bishop
Fire crews were called to an early morning blaze involving several vehicles in a Norfolk village.
Firefighters from Dereham, Fakenham and Swaffham attended Fakenham Road in East Bilney after an emergency call was received at 4.05am on Thursday.
The first appliances were on the scene at 4.23am. Police were also called but they let the fire service take lead.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police confirmed the fire took place at East Bilney Coachworks.
The crews used main and hose reel jets in addition to a hydrant and compressed air foam to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service confirmed several vehicles were involved.
The stop message was received by the fire service just before 5.30am.
- 1 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 6 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 7 What now for Norfolk County Council after the elections?
- 8 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
More to come.