Dual A47 call after crash tragedy
Calls to duel the A47 have been repeated after a 38-year-old man was killed and another seriously injured in a crash early this morning. A black Rover Metro and a blue Volkswagen panel van were in collision with each other on A47 at Narborough at about 6am.
Calls to duel the A47 have been repeated after a 38-year-old man was killed and another seriously injured in a crash on Friday.
A black Rover Metro and a blue Volkswagen panel van were in collision with each other on A47 at Narborough at about 6am.
The A47 was closed for four hours while two fire crews from Swaffham and Massingham released two casualties from the wreckages and police investigated the scene.
The 38-year-old driver of the Metro, Simon Eugene Israel Freshwater-Sturgess from Narborough, died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The 43-year-old driver of the Volkswagen was taken to hospital with a slight injury to his shoulder.
The road was re-opened at just before 10am.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 4 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 5 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 6 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 10 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
Christopher Fraser, MP for South West Norfolk, said: "Yet again the A47 is in the news for tragic reasons. I have said on many occasions that this road is one of the most dangerous in the region, and that investment is long overdue to address the shortcomings of our roads infrastructure locally. It must be dualled and the government must find the money to make this possible."
Anyone who witnessed the crash or saw the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision should contact PC Stephen Bodle at Western Area Road Policing at Swaffham Police Station on 0845 4564567.