Dual A47 call after crash tragedy
Calls to duel the A47 have been repeated after a 38-year-old man was killed and another seriously injured in a crash early this morning. A black Rover Metro and a blue Volkswagen panel van were in collision with each other on A47 at Narborough at about 6am.
Calls to duel the A47 have been repeated after a 38-year-old man was killed and another seriously injured in a crash on Friday.
A black Rover Metro and a blue Volkswagen panel van were in collision with each other on A47 at Narborough at about 6am.
The A47 was closed for four hours while two fire crews from Swaffham and Massingham released two casualties from the wreckages and police investigated the scene.
The 38-year-old driver of the Metro, Simon Eugene Israel Freshwater-Sturgess from Narborough, died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The 43-year-old driver of the Volkswagen was taken to hospital with a slight injury to his shoulder.
The road was re-opened at just before 10am.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 6 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 7 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 8 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
Christopher Fraser, MP for South West Norfolk, said: "Yet again the A47 is in the news for tragic reasons. I have said on many occasions that this road is one of the most dangerous in the region, and that investment is long overdue to address the shortcomings of our roads infrastructure locally. It must be dualled and the government must find the money to make this possible."
Anyone who witnessed the crash or saw the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision should contact PC Stephen Bodle at Western Area Road Policing at Swaffham Police Station on 0845 4564567.