Drug driver caught watching TV on phone on A11
- Credit: Archant
A driver was caught watching television on his phone while driving under the influence of cannabis by police.
Breckland Police stopped the driver on the A11 at the Five Ways roundabout at Mildenhall on Wednesday at 7.45am after a member of the public rang police about the manner of their driving near Attleborough.
Officers described the incident as 'simply ridiculous'.
Once stopped, officers from Team 3 in Thetford discovered the driver was streaming a television programme on their phone next to the steering wheel.
It is not known which TV programme the driver was watching.
You may also want to watch:
The driver later also returned a positive drug swipe for cannabis according to the police.
The driver, a man in his late 30s, was arrested and later released under investigation with further enquiries ongoing.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 5 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 6 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 7 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 8 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
Officers on Twitter posting as Breckland Police said: 'We've just finished at custody with this driver as they provided a positive drug swipe for cannabis!
'Awaiting the blood results, but watching TV, on your mobile, whilst driving on the A11, under the influence of cannabis is simply ridiculous!'