Drivers caught speeding during morning checks
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Officers caught two motorists driving at least 10mph in excess of the speed limit during morning checks.
Breckland police conducted speed checks in the 40mph zone on Norwich Road in Swaffham this morning (August 2).
One driver was caught speeding at 50mph, with another clocked at 52mph.
Both were subsequently issued with Traffic Offence Reports (TORs), meaning they may be summonsed to court.
In a Twitter post, police said: "I have been out on Norwich Road, #Swaffham, this morning, conducting speed checks in the 40mph limit.
"Two drivers were stopped, one at 50mph and the other at 52mph, both drivers reported. I will be in other areas later."
The tweet also highlighted the 'fatal four' driving behaviours, which are speeding, using a mobile phone, not wearing a seatbelt and driving under the influence of drink or drugs.
- 1 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 2 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 5 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 6 RAF Marham fighter pilot crashes £100m F-35 in Mediterranean Sea
- 7 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- 8 Revealed: The area of Norfolk where homes are at higher risk of flooding
- 9 What do Amazon's credit card changes mean for you?
- 10 Wind farm decision due in days