Drivers caught speeding during morning checks
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Officers caught two motorists driving at least 10mph in excess of the speed limit during morning checks.
Breckland police conducted speed checks in the 40mph zone on Norwich Road in Swaffham this morning (August 2).
One driver was caught speeding at 50mph, with another clocked at 52mph.
Both were subsequently issued with Traffic Offence Reports (TORs), meaning they may be summonsed to court.
In a Twitter post, police said: "I have been out on Norwich Road, #Swaffham, this morning, conducting speed checks in the 40mph limit.
You may also want to watch:
"Two drivers were stopped, one at 50mph and the other at 52mph, both drivers reported. I will be in other areas later."
The tweet also highlighted the 'fatal four' driving behaviours, which are speeding, using a mobile phone, not wearing a seatbelt and driving under the influence of drink or drugs.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 2 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 3 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 4 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 7 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 8 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 9 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 10 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'