Drivers caught speeding during morning checks
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Officers caught two motorists driving at least 10mph in excess of the speed limit during morning checks.
Breckland police conducted speed checks in the 40mph zone on Norwich Road in Swaffham this morning (August 2).
One driver was caught speeding at 50mph, with another clocked at 52mph.
Both were subsequently issued with Traffic Offence Reports (TORs), meaning they may be summonsed to court.
In a Twitter post, police said: "I have been out on Norwich Road, #Swaffham, this morning, conducting speed checks in the 40mph limit.
You may also want to watch:
"Two drivers were stopped, one at 50mph and the other at 52mph, both drivers reported. I will be in other areas later."
The tweet also highlighted the 'fatal four' driving behaviours, which are speeding, using a mobile phone, not wearing a seatbelt and driving under the influence of drink or drugs.
- 1 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 2 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 4 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 5 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 8 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 9 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 10 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?