Drivers caught speeding during morning checks
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Officers caught two motorists driving at least 10mph in excess of the speed limit during morning checks.
Breckland police conducted speed checks in the 40mph zone on Norwich Road in Swaffham this morning (August 2).
One driver was caught speeding at 50mph, with another clocked at 52mph.
Both were subsequently issued with Traffic Offence Reports (TORs), meaning they may be summonsed to court.
In a Twitter post, police said: "I have been out on Norwich Road, #Swaffham, this morning, conducting speed checks in the 40mph limit.
You may also want to watch:
"Two drivers were stopped, one at 50mph and the other at 52mph, both drivers reported. I will be in other areas later."
The tweet also highlighted the 'fatal four' driving behaviours, which are speeding, using a mobile phone, not wearing a seatbelt and driving under the influence of drink or drugs.
- 1 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 4 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 9 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 10 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal