Three phones stolen while thieves pretended to ask for directions
- Credit: IAN BURT
Thieves distracted their victims by pretending to ask for directions as they stole three mobile phones within two hours.
Police are investigating the series of thefts which happened on Monday, July 15, when two men are believed to have entered three separate business premises in the Swaffham and Mundford areas.
The thieves are said to have placed a map down on a table and asked for directions. One of the men started a conversation to distract the victim, before removing the map and taking their phone.
The incidents occurred in the following locations:
- Swaffham Road, Mundford, between 4:30pm and 5pm
You may also want to watch:
- Market Place, Swaffham, at about 3pm
- London Street, Swaffham, between 4:15pm and 4:45pm
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 3 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 8 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
There have also been reports of similar incidents where two males have entered the staff-only areas businesses in a suspicious manner.
Officers are urging business owners to be vigilant and encouraging the public to be alert of their surroundings. Mobile phones should be hidden from view and staff-only areas secured.
Anyone who has information or believes they are a victim of a similar crime should contact PC Sarah Fleet on 101, giving mention of Op Solve.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111.