Community pool reopens after major refurbishment
- Credit: Dereham Leisure Centre
A swimming pool that had been closed for almost six months has now reopened to the public following a major refurbishment.
Dereham Leisure Centre, ran by Lex Leisure, reopened on Wednesday, December 9 after being fully drained and retiled.
Visitors will now be able to restart swimming following the successful completion of the works.
Paul Bealey, centre manager at Dereham Leisure Centre said: “It is fantastic to be open again and be able to offer local residents the opportunity to swim, have fun and get fit in what is effectively a brand new swimming pool.
"Both pools have been fully refurbished alongside toilet and showering facilities.
You may also want to watch:
"I am really pleased with what we have been able to achieve during the closure period and look forward to seeing the pools full of local people again soon.”
Following the government announcement of a new tiered system in England, placing Norfolk in Tier 2, means visitors to Dereham Leisure Centre will be able to use the newly refurbished facilities, though sessions need to be booked in advance.
For more information visit www.leisurecentre.com/welcome-back
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 5 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 6 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 7 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 8 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 9 New Covid variant has 'higher degree of mortality', warns PM
- 10 Nearly 4pc council tax rise for Norfolk as County Hall budget unveiled