Don’t Panic! Dad’s Army Day is back
- Credit: Archant
A town will be transported back to the 1940s as a popular Dad's Army celebration makes its return.
Captain Mainwaring and his Walmington-on-Sea platoon will be on parade on Saturday, August 3, when Dad's Army Day takes over Swaffham.
Singing duo Timescape are returning to the town alongside George Cushing and his vintage street organ, creating an unmistakably '40s mood.
This year's event will also offer free rides for children on some vintage 'swing chairs' - a chance for today's youngsters to experience an old-fashioned thrill ride.
Hot food will be available from numerous vendors, including Papworths Butchers and their barbecue.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham mayor Jill Skinner said: "We had such a good day last year and it's fantastic to welcome back the team from the Dad's Army Museum in Thetford.
"It's a great chance for the whole town to join in and there should be a wonderful atmosphere on the day."
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
The event runs from 10am to 3pm. For further information, contact Sue Dent via email@example.com.