Don’t Panic! Dad’s Army Day is back
- Credit: Archant
A town will be transported back to the 1940s as a popular Dad's Army celebration makes its return.
Captain Mainwaring and his Walmington-on-Sea platoon will be on parade on Saturday, August 3, when Dad's Army Day takes over Swaffham.
Singing duo Timescape are returning to the town alongside George Cushing and his vintage street organ, creating an unmistakably '40s mood.
This year's event will also offer free rides for children on some vintage 'swing chairs' - a chance for today's youngsters to experience an old-fashioned thrill ride.
Hot food will be available from numerous vendors, including Papworths Butchers and their barbecue.
Swaffham mayor Jill Skinner said: "We had such a good day last year and it's fantastic to welcome back the team from the Dad's Army Museum in Thetford.
"It's a great chance for the whole town to join in and there should be a wonderful atmosphere on the day."
- 1 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 2 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 5 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 6 RAF Marham fighter pilot crashes £100m F-35 in Mediterranean Sea
- 7 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- 8 Revealed: The area of Norfolk where homes are at higher risk of flooding
- 9 What do Amazon's credit card changes mean for you?
- 10 Wind farm decision due in days
The event runs from 10am to 3pm. For further information, contact Sue Dent via email@example.com.