Don’t Panic! Dad’s Army Day is back
- Credit: Archant
A town will be transported back to the 1940s as a popular Dad's Army celebration makes its return.
Captain Mainwaring and his Walmington-on-Sea platoon will be on parade on Saturday, August 3, when Dad's Army Day takes over Swaffham.
Singing duo Timescape are returning to the town alongside George Cushing and his vintage street organ, creating an unmistakably '40s mood.
This year's event will also offer free rides for children on some vintage 'swing chairs' - a chance for today's youngsters to experience an old-fashioned thrill ride.
Hot food will be available from numerous vendors, including Papworths Butchers and their barbecue.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham mayor Jill Skinner said: "We had such a good day last year and it's fantastic to welcome back the team from the Dad's Army Museum in Thetford.
"It's a great chance for the whole town to join in and there should be a wonderful atmosphere on the day."
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 2 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 3 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 4 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 7 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 8 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 9 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 10 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
The event runs from 10am to 3pm. For further information, contact Sue Dent via firstname.lastname@example.org.