Don’t Panic! Dad’s Army Day is back
- Credit: Archant
A town will be transported back to the 1940s as a popular Dad's Army celebration makes its return.
Captain Mainwaring and his Walmington-on-Sea platoon will be on parade on Saturday, August 3, when Dad's Army Day takes over Swaffham.
Singing duo Timescape are returning to the town alongside George Cushing and his vintage street organ, creating an unmistakably '40s mood.
This year's event will also offer free rides for children on some vintage 'swing chairs' - a chance for today's youngsters to experience an old-fashioned thrill ride.
Hot food will be available from numerous vendors, including Papworths Butchers and their barbecue.
Swaffham mayor Jill Skinner said: "We had such a good day last year and it's fantastic to welcome back the team from the Dad's Army Museum in Thetford.
"It's a great chance for the whole town to join in and there should be a wonderful atmosphere on the day."
- 1 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 2 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 3 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 4 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 9 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
The event runs from 10am to 3pm. For further information, contact Sue Dent via email@example.com.