Don’t Panic! Dad’s Army Day is back
- Credit: Archant
A town will be transported back to the 1940s as a popular Dad's Army celebration makes its return.
Captain Mainwaring and his Walmington-on-Sea platoon will be on parade on Saturday, August 3, when Dad's Army Day takes over Swaffham.
Singing duo Timescape are returning to the town alongside George Cushing and his vintage street organ, creating an unmistakably '40s mood.
This year's event will also offer free rides for children on some vintage 'swing chairs' - a chance for today's youngsters to experience an old-fashioned thrill ride.
Hot food will be available from numerous vendors, including Papworths Butchers and their barbecue.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham mayor Jill Skinner said: "We had such a good day last year and it's fantastic to welcome back the team from the Dad's Army Museum in Thetford.
"It's a great chance for the whole town to join in and there should be a wonderful atmosphere on the day."
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 5 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
The event runs from 10am to 3pm. For further information, contact Sue Dent via email@example.com.